If you are facing disability issues for one year or more, you may qualify for disability benefits. Call (239) 549-6689 and book a free consultation with experienced Social Security Disability Attorney Fort Myers at Berke Law Firm, P.A.
With more than thirty years of experience, Bill B. Berke and his legal team help disability claimants get benefits for their losses. Be it any disease or health issues behind your disability, and our lawyers can vigorously represent your disability case.
Social Security is a type of social assistance administered across the country. This ‘safety net’ is important for a number of reasons. Firstly, it helps individuals and families struggling with disability. Secondly, it helps people who are living in poverty. Thirdly, social security helps those who are burdened by the struggles of their loved ones.
The Disability Attorney Fort Myers offers can help you deftly navigate these programs which are implemented and administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA), these two programs are crucial for people in need.
Social Security Administration Fort Myers Florida Location
- Throughout Florida, there are a number of offices affiliated with the Social Security Administration (SSA). This federal governmental agency provides monthly benefits through both its Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs.
- The SSDI program is designed for people who have paid Social Security taxes by working for a particular duration of time. Meanwhile, the SSI program is designed for people with limited income and resources. You do not have to be disabled to apply for SSI. If you are 65 years old or older, or blind, you can apply.
- Nonetheless, both programs rely on the same definition of disability. The disability must be a total disability. It must persist for at least 12 months or lead to death. It must also prevent the applicant from engaging in most work capacities.
- If you feel as though you may qualify, contact an SSDI attorney right away. Experienced social security lawyers will help you throughout the application process. They will even help you appeal.
Before you apply, make sure to choose the program that is right for you. Also, be sure to choose the application method that is right for you. Not all applicants have to go to a Social Security Office Fort Myers Florida location. In fact, many SSDI applicants apply online or telephonically.
Applying Online For SSDI and SSI in Fort Myers
The online criteria for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) are different. If you are applying for SSDI online, you must meet a number of requirements. If you are applying for SSDI in-person, you should schedule an appointment first.
Before you apply for SSDI, make sure that you satisfy these basic requirements:
You are 18 years old or older
- Not currently getting benefits on your own record for Social Security
Unable to work due to a medical condition that has lasted for t least 12 months or is expected to last at least 12 months or result in death
Not re-applying for disability benefits after a denial in the last 60 days
- It is also important that you have all necessary information on-hand. You may need to consult with your attorney about recovering necessary and additional documentation. You will likely need extensive personal, medical and vocational paperwork.
- When applying online for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), you must meet a slightly different set of requirements.
These requirements are stricter
- You are within the age range of 18 and 65
- You are unmarried and have never been married
- You aren’t blind
- You are a U.S. citizen living in one of the fifty states, DC, or the Northern Mariana Islands
- You haven’t applied for or received SSI benefits previously; and
- You are applying for both Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and SSI simultaneously.
Once you have concluded your online application, you will be contacted by a Social Security representative. You will be contacted either by phone or through the mail. If any further information is required, you will be alerted at that time.
Although a Social Security representative can assist you, you may have a better chance of approval if you have an experienced social security disability attorney by your side.
How Can Our Disability Attorney Fort Myers Help You?
At Berke Law Firm, P.A., we know how you feel. Although applying online is more convenient, you still have to provide extensive information and documentation. It can be daunting. If you apply at a Social Security Office Fort Myers location, you may be even more frazzled. Fortunately, we understand. Our attorneys dedicate their time and resources to each and every claim.
- Meet with an experienced Lawyer Fort Myers can offer. We have helped clients throughout the Fort Myers area. We have even helped social security claimants throughout the entire country.
- Do not try to file alone. The Social Security Administration (SSA) denies the majority of initial social security disability applications. The denial rate is roughly 70 percent.
- However, even if you’ve already filed and your application has been denied, you may still be able to appeal. An experienced attorney at Berke Law Firm, P.A. can help you appeal.
- If you have not filed your application yet make sure you have an experienced attorney by your side. Get it right the first time with a Fort Myers Social Security Disability attorney.
- At Berke Law Firm, P.A., we ensure that our clients organize all the necessary information they need before filing their application. Improper or incomplete filings are a major cause of application denials. Thankfully, our Disability Lawyers in Fort Myers will thoroughly review your claim.
We can prepare a well-organized, convincing application that proves you meet the SSA’s strict definition of “disabled”. Although we cannot guarantee that you’ll be approved, we do promise that we’ll do our best.
To discuss your disability case, and to know the chance of receiving disability benefits, book a free consultation with Berke Law Firm, P.A. at (239) 549-6689.