Social Security Benefits for Disabled, Dependents,
Retirees & Survivors
Berke Law Firm, P.A., is a professional disability law firm in Fort Myers, Florida. We represent those who have been denied Social Security Disability benefits. Over the years, we have earned ourselves a reputation for being a trustworthy Disability Representative Fort Myers has to offer.
- The rules governing social security are very different from the other programs. Social Security does not pay for any partial disability or for short-term disability. Rather, the SSA only disburses benefits to those who suffer from a total disability. Under social security, disability is based on a claimant’s inability to work.
- The authority of SSD which is Social Security Administration will deem a claimant disabled under social security regulations subject to certain requirements:
- The claimant is not able to do work that he did before.
Because of medical conditions, the claimant is not in a position to assume some other kind of work or occupation.
The disability of the claimant has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or result in death.
- The policy underlying the SSD’s unwillingness to provide partial or short term disability benefits reflects the assumption that working families have access to other resources which can provide support during periods of short-term disabilities, including workers’ compensation, insurance, savings, and investments.
If you are suffering from an injury or illness that prevents you from working, it is important to look into whether you may be eligible for some kind of disability benefits.
What To Do If Social Security Benefits Application
- If your application has been denied, then you must seek legal help. If you are looking for an experienced and professional Disability Representative Lawyer Fort Myers has to offer, you need look no further. With years of experience in handling various types of disability cases, we can advise you of the next best legal step.
- Work records and the associated paperwork that will be presented to the judge at the time of the hearing plays an important role. An attorney can help in preparing and submitting all the documentation pursuant to the Social Security Administration’s regulations.
- They will also fight for the rights of the claimant in social security disability legal issues and disputes. We never charge anything unless the claimant gets awarded. Our legal team will evaluate your case accurately and take all the necessary steps. You can either schedule a face-to-face meeting with our lawyers or a telephone conference.